Environment Migration from SAS 9.4 to SAS Viya can be also done using the command-line interfaces (CLIs).In SAS Viya, A CLI is a user interface where you can enter commands on a command line and receive a response from the system.
For Environment migration first we need to export all related details from SAS 9.4. For getting all like details like folders, users & groups, Libraries, role & authentication, report etc. We suppose to call a pre-defined macro function by which we can get all details in a dataset format or .spk packages.
What Can Be Promoted from SAS 9.4 to SAS Viya?
- Content: folders, reports, explorations
- Supporting resources: graph templates, images
- Data definitions: LASR and Base libraries and tables
- User groups: most metadata-only groups
- Authorizations: most explicit access control entries for promoted objects
SAS 9.4 and SAS Viya Functional Comparison
The SAS Platform comprises the software components that underpin SAS product offerings in analytics, data management, and visualization. Although SAS 9.4 and SAS Viya represent two engines that support a common SAS Platform, there are important functional differences between the two.
Nupeak IT Solutions LLP