SAS Viya provides authentication services with the SAS Logon Manager.These services are built around Open Authorization (OAuth) and Open ID Connect. OAuth 2 is an authorization framework that enables applications to obtain limited access to secured HTTP resources such as those provided via SAS Viya APIs. SAS Logon Manager uses OAuth policy to enforce the access token to allow access to protected resources.
Getting an external application connected to the SAS Viya platform requires the following steps:
- Use the SAS Viya configuration server’s Consul Token to obtain an Access Token to register a new Client ID.
- Use the Access Token to register the new client ID.
- Obtain the authorization code.
- Acquire the OAuth access token of the Client ID using the authorization code.
- Call the SAS Viya API using the access token for the authentication.