SAS Viya provides authentication services with the SAS Logon Manager.These services are built around Open Authorization (OAuth) and Open ID Connect. OAuth 2 is an authorization framework that enables applications to obtain limited access to secured HTTP resources such as those provided via SAS Viya APIs. SAS Logon Manager uses OAuth policy to enforce the access token to allow access to protected resources.
Getting an external application connected to the SAS Viya platform requires the following steps:
- Use the SAS Viya configuration server’s Consul Token to obtain an Access Token to register a new Client ID.
- Use the Access Token to register the new client ID.
- Obtain the authorization code.
- Acquire the OAuth access token of the Client ID using the authorization code.
- Call the SAS Viya API using the access token for the authentication.
Get an Access token using an Authorizations code:
Image 1: Username and Password for SAS Viya Environment
Image 2: Authorize Access
Image 3: Authorization Code
Image 4: Access Token Command
curl -k https://sasserver.demo.sas.com/SASLogon/oauth/token -H “Accept: application/json” -H “Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded” -u “myclientid:myclientsecret” -d “grant_type=authorization_code&code=YZuKQUg10Z”
Our infrastructure management approach is holistic, addressing capacity monitoring, data storage, network utilisation, asset lifecycles, software patching, wired and wireless networking and more.
A hosted desktop solution allows for the delivery of a consistent and scalable IT experience for all users in an organisation. With this solution, users gain access via a desktop icon or link.